Friday, February 15, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time for That!

I didn't do anything Monday. My left knee cap was still a little sore from Saturday's race, and I was lazy. Tuesday I ran 3-miles and went to Masters. Since I have the stitches in my head, I had to wear a cap and kick with a kickboard keeping my head above water. I did 2,050 before I tapped out due to my knee cap getting sore again. I felt a little wimpish getting out and leaving, but a sore knee cap, well, ain't nobody got time for that!

Wednesday I ran 4.61 with one a .5-mile surge thrown in. I could still feel Saturday in my thighs. Ain't nobody got time for that either, but you just can't rush those things. After the surge, my pace slowed to a plod, but I enjoyed the run and did some box jumps when I got home.

I could not even go to the pool and kick Thursday because there is a big swim meet going on there that goes all the way through Saturday. Ain't nobody got time for that! But in the afternoon, I ran 6.41 with a .64 mile surge inserted at 1.3-miles. That left a lot of easy shuffling to follow. I was a little more recovered than yesterday, and when I got home I did two sets of light squats and some mountain climbers. I am new to mountain climbers, but I think they are great. They work the core, really hit the hip flexors (important for runners and swimmers) and send the heart rate soaring. I got time for that!

I also got time for getting my stitches out today. As soon as I am done with this blog post, I will load the truck and head to the clinic. My hope is the doc will let me get in the water. I plan to go to the pond and do some swimming and running. I got time for that! Yee haaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment