Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Summary

It was a lousy week for swimming. I had no access to a pool on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, and although I did get my stitches out Friday, and even though Dean Seeley, my tri-teammate and the nurse practitioner who sewed my head up, said I could swim, I had second thoughts about getting in the water. Since I was in Ruleville, I stopped by to see my sister and brother-in-law who live near that town. Sis, who is also a nurse practitioner, didn't know of my injury. Seeing my bandage and asking to usual questions, she took a look and advised me against swimming. "But he said I could," I pleaded. "Did he say you could swim in a catfish pond?" was her retort. Well, really, I was not trying to pull a sneaky. I just forgot to mention that. "Don't swim today or tomorrow," she bossed at me. As bad as I wanted to, I realized she was probably right. I have to tape my nostrils up when I train in the pond because if I don't a sinus infection is automatic. With all the fish, fish feces, fish food, fish predators, fish predator feces, snakes, mud, turtles, algae, and ducks, that water has to have a lot of bacteria.

So I drove to Carroll County. That's where I go when I want to run with a touch of a wilderness experience. I didn't go long, I had done 6+ miles Thursday, but Friday I got in a 4-miler in the hills and that is always good for fitness. I then went home and napped.

Saturday I went out Money Road for a planned long run/walk. I ran a little over 6-miles before the cold wind started bothering my knee caps. That seems to be an issue with me now. My knees just don't like cold weather, and although I had tights on, that just wasn't enough. After a nap, I went outside and did a monster upper body weight session.

Normally I don't do anything on Sundays but nap. But my wife wanted to go to her mom's, so I got out of the truck around 7-miles from the house. Since my knee caps had gotten sore the day before, I walked all the way. It was a a nice stroll for some gentle exercise.

For the week, I
I'm eager to get back in there.
swam only 1,873.7 meters
ran 24.71 miles
walked 14.48 miles
and lifted weights once.

For the year I have
swum 76,506.66 meters
run 152.42 miles
and walked 54.98 miles.

Compared to last year, I am
+ 6,171.46 meters swimming
and + 90.92 miles running.

With my stitches out three days Monday, I think I am safe to get back even in the pond. The pool, not a second thought. My goal for the week is to bust out as many meters as possible and recapture the endurance I was beginning to build. Also, I plan on a lot of dry-land and running. Yehaa.

2 comments:

  1. "With all the fish, fish feces, fish food, fish predators, fish predator feces, snakes, mud, turtles, algae, and ducks, that water has to have a lot of bacteria."

    Ordinary people roll around in toxic waste to get super powers and become crime fighting heroes. We swim in these conditions to get our super swimming powers!

    ReplyDelete