Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekly Summary

Saturday I had the best run I've had in at least two years. I did 8.05 miles in a decent (for me) time without pushing, just sort of cruising along. It seems like I am finally coming around. After my run I did some leg work, squats, and leg presses. Then I took nutrition, napped, and got up to work out some more. In the afternoon I did a major upper body weight session.

For the week I

Ran- 20.44 miles
Walked- 1.59 miles
Lifted weights two times, and
Swam 15,420.7 meters.

Compared to last year, I am 11,639 meters ahead in swimming, and 59.25 miles ahead in running. If I can keep the outpacing last year, I should be ready come June 1 for the Challenge.

With some warmer temps in the forecast, I hope to get in a good amount of swimming next week. Maybe I can pull off another double or two. Saturday, Forrest and I are scheduled to do the Mississippi River Marathon, but not the full, only the half so maybe it will also be a good running week. And maybe I can start shedding some of this extra weight. I am three to four pounds lighter than last year, but I'm still too heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment