Friday, May 22, 2015

2014 Chicot Challenge 009



Thursday was another example of climate change. Springs have become very cool and long here in Mississippi. Only a few years ago, May was summer. Temps in the 90s were the norm by mid-month. The growing season has shifted by two weeks (maybe more by now since I never talk to farmers anymore). Yesterday the temps were in the 50s. I am sure some of you are thinking I don't know the difference between climate and weather. What is climate but long term patterns of weather. We have had five straight cold winters with as many unseasonably cool springs. It looks like that is not weather but our new climate.

I don't like it.

I want the old weather back.

Check out the clip from Chicot III. This is the segment where I broke seventeen miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment