Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rush

Don't even think about telling me you had a hard day. Monday was a long, tough one for me, but through it all I managed to get a little training done. First, Mondays always start a little early with me picking up my Mom's help. That knocks me out of a Monday morning run, which is about the only time I would do one in the morning anyway. But we have help and we need help with Mom. 

Then it was off to school for the last day of classes AND the first day of exams all rolled up into one. It's sort of like two days in one. I think the administration did this just to make life miserable for me, me. It impacts be more than anyone because it means essentially a twelve hour day for me and the one or two others who teach in the day as well as Monday night. 

So I did my morning classes and rushed home to lift weights and mow the back yard so I could then rush back to school and begin administering final exams. After the afternoon exam, I rushed to the grocery store to get some things we needed and rushed home to change clothes so I could rush to the pool for a quicky swim and then rush back home to change and rush back to school to give another exam. 

During the exam I was falling asleep, literally. I had planned to rush home after the night exam so I could rush out and run, but my rush was all rushed out. My eyes closed on their own, and I fell asleep within minutes of rushing home. I rushed to sleep only to wake up and rush asleep all over again. During the night I dreamed I was driving a huge Pacific 16 Logging truck with a v16 Detroit under the hood, and I was loaded with 200,000 pounds of logs. I was running over people, cars, houses, everything. Just running over stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment