Sunday, May 24, 2015

Big One before Chicot



The video above was the last thing I did Saturday. First I went to the pond and swam 8.19 miles. I could tell that the pond has still not been stocked although some grass is beginning to grow up on the levees. The water quality is still good and the feeder was out and about doing his thing, but he never made it to my pool. I took it easy while swimming, trying not to aggravate the shoulder. I think I was successful in that regard. I did feel some strain and tightness in both shoulders which concerns me a bit. Muscularly, however, I felt as if I could have swum for several more hours. Did you see what I did there? I think maybe one swimmer in 190 can conjugate the verb "swim." Do NOT say, write, or think "I have swam." If you do, be prepared to be deported due to treasonous abuses of the English language: swim/swam/swum. What's difficult about that?

After I had swum, I shuffled two miles and did a short walk, then I went home. But when I arrived at the house and saw Jeff giving me the eye, I knew the day was not over yet. So we loaded up the recycle stuff and went to the trail to finish off the legs. Jeff and I worked legs and then drove around looking for cats. We saw one and Jeff cried like a little baby. He wanted to be friends.

We got home and both of us crashed. Jeff went to sleep on the couch, and after getting a meal and a bath (my wife said I stank mightily) I crashed on the bed while watching some quality TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment