Monday, May 4, 2015

Five Weeks Out

Typing the title to this post made me nervous. "Five Weeks Out" reminds me how little time I have left to get my body ready for an all day swim. I don't have much any wiggle room. The fifth week was a good one, however, and despite my nervousness I am actually in a pretty good place. But I always start getting a bit nervy about this time.

I've already posted a couple of times about this week, but to review, Monday I swam 7,100 meters and ran 3.04 miles. Tuesday I swam 3,300 and ran 8.75 miles in a multi-paced fashion. Wednesday I was back in Twin Rivers for 7,400 straight followed by a 2.26 mile shuffle. Thursday it was 3,400 in the pool and 2.31 on the road. 


Friday I did a new set that I think will be a mainstay for the rest of the Chicot training as well as Swim the Suck preparation in the fall. After a 1,400 meter warm up, I did 5 X 600 @ 13:10 with every third 50 being fast. Sometimes a set just gives you that feeling, and you know it's a winner. That's how I felt about this one. An easy 300 at the end gave me 4,700 for the day. Two miles of old man shuffling followed. 

Saturday I went for a long run of 10.07 miles and then did some lower body leg training at Plate City. I intended to do an upper body session in the afternoon, but wasn't able to work it in.

For the week, I

ran 28.46 miles,
swam 25,900 meters, and
walked 10.75 miles.

My legs are way ahead of last year as is my upper body strength. My total swimming is ahead by 34,397 meters, which sounds like a lot until you consider that the swim in back to the first Saturday in June this year, slicing off the extra week I had in 2014. Still I am a bit ahead overall, and I need to be because the swim is longer by over one mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment