Monday, November 9, 2015

The Week in Review

It wasn't the week I planned, but it was the week I got and not a bad one at that. I had originally hoped to bust fifty miles for the week as my last large training cycle before The Great Noxapater Journey Run. Several things squashed that. What I did do was run 4.65 Monday, and 13.17 multi-paced miles Tuesday. Wednesday I only shuffled 2.6 because I had a sore calf. I took off running Thursday and drove to Cleveland where I visited my grandchildren and swam at DSU. I am still a star in my grandson's eyes and he even asked me about Marcus. Everybody likes Marcus. At the pool, I swam

1,050
5 X 300
4 X 50 @ 1:30
150
total: 2,900 yards.

It felt good to swim again, but this time I felt my lack of conditioning. I have swum very little of late and as a result Mark Blackwood whipped me on almost every set. That won't happen come February.

Friday was the turning point of the week in terms of running. I wrote about that in my last blog post. Looking back, I can thank God for slowing me down and thus giving me a good ten-miler Saturday in Batesville (also written about in the last blog post).

Sunday, the Centerville crew traveled to Oxford for the DFM Walk for Diabetes. It was a beautiful day, and the turnout was good. Our pastor and his wife were there and although her health is far from stellar, she walked some of the hilly course. Brother Gary pushed her in a wheelchair for much of the walk, but she started and finished the event on her feet. I was proud of her.

For the week, I 

swam 2,900 yards = 2,650 meters,
ran 32.79 miles, and   
walked 6.13 miles.

The Great Noxapater Journey Run is now under two weeks away. I am become a little nervous but in a good way. I can't wait. Two work weeks and I will be on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment