Saturday, February 4, 2017

Back to Back

After a light and easy weight session Wednesday, I went back to DSU Thursday night. As usual, we did lots of sprinting, and I tried but failed to hold back as much as I should have. I did restrain myself some, but the pull of my competitive nature got the best of me a few times. One thing we did, 8 X 50 decline 1 - 4, saw me holding it to :38 on the first round, but I went :36, :36 on the last two which was too fast. I'll give more details later, but for now I'll just say I finished the practice with 3,100 yards, low but at least I am swimming.

Friday I went back determined to keep it gentle but maybe go just a little longer. I did all of the above since no one was there tempting me to tear it up or get left behind. I did several easy sets and stopped at 3,700 yards. I felt sound in body and shoulder when I left, wishing I could go home and run. At this moment, I am typing and napping, trying to get geared up to hit Plate City Gym for another gentle weight session. Monday I'll give you the run down on what I did, but for now I am happy to be back in the game.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment