Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Morning

It's that special time of week, that certain day of week, the highlight of the weekly cycle. Yeah, it's Friday. I slept a little longer this morning rising around 7:00. Then I had my devotions, and currently I'm enjoying my coffee as I try to plan the mid-day swim. My confidence has not fully returned, although it is growing with each dip in the water. Last night I had a pretty good practice. Today I hope for a better one.

At Thursday Masters we had a paddle set. I swam it without, but I am thinking of doing a short one today. Right now I am pondering a long, lazy warm up. I like long warm ups because they waken those aerobic enzymes in the cells' mitochondria and get me ready to swim hard. Maybe I will follow the long warm up with fast 50s sandwiched between 400s. This will work speed and endurance at the same time. After a few rounds of that, I will be ready for something like 300 with small paddles. Then a long cool down should give me around 5,000. If I can hit 5,000 today, it will be a victory.

Chicot is rushing toward us like a run away train. It always does. Soon I will be posting about the changes in this year's swim. There are several and they are significant. Not only that, but Pool Fools comes first. I will also write about this inaugural and possible annual event in the near future. 

Another thing to be on the lookout for is the write up of the Big ASS Awards Banquet which was held Monday night. Jay Unver wrote an article on the ceremony, and he will post it here probably Tuesday. You might be curious as to why I would ever let Unver post anything in my blog. The answer is I would not EXCEPT it is in my contract with Big ASS. They have access to my blog and can post at will. Thankfully, they don't do that often. 

For me, the event was bittersweet. I won a few awards, but Randy Beets literally had to have help carrying all of his trophies to his car. I am not above telling you that that chapped my hinder parts. Bad. Additionally, the current Wikibeets investigation cast a shadow over the whole affair. I am not bluffing when I saw I just might resign Big ASS and move back to the Fasttrack Fatties.

Oh well, I didn't mean to wander off into all that negativity, but is is hard to let it all go. At times like these one must have faith. One more negative thing. Jay Unver has been parked across Monroe on the little side street watching our house through a pair of binoculars. What the heck does he think he's going to see!? I feel like going over there and whipping his arse. That would not be right, though. I need to get to the pool and swim all of this away.

No comments:

Post a Comment