Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday Morning

Saturday morning and the cats are scattered. It's hurting my feelings that not one is on the bed with me. I just started coffee and since it takes me thirty minutes to drink one of these Arctic cups my best friend Gerald Johnson gave me, it is the ideal time for a cat to be competing with my computer for lap space/time. But that is life and that is the way cats are and that is one reason I love them so much. They are independent and you can't demand their attention the way you can with a dog. I suppose that is one reason I am so flattered when CC or Luvie or Baby Kitty wants to hang out with me.

I had a pretty good day at the pool yesterday. I went in without much of a plan, but as soon as I pushed off the wall, some fin-wearing fellow in the next lane pushed off also. I told myself to do my own thing, not worry about him, and I had my own event to train for and he had nothing to do with it. 

I worried about him. 

I spent the next thirty-five minutes holding him off. When he climbed out, I slowed a bit and began to ponder what kind of set I was doing. I stopped at an hour, figuring the 3,600 was a pretty good warm up. Then I did 


The pic that started it all.
8 X 50 @ 1:00 (these work the heart rate more than on 1:30)
400 small paddles (first set since shoulder)
6 X 50 @ 1:00
400 easy
total: 5,100 SCYs = 4,661 meters.

Not a bad Friday swim. I took a selfie just before I left and posted on Facebook with the caption: Cash me at the pool. How bow dah? My Facebook started blowing up. That led to more posts and before the day was over, I had a combined several hundred likes, about a dozen shares, multiple comments, and thirteen new Facebook friends. It's a strange world we live in.

I went home, cleaned up the house some, and took a bath. Then we went out to eat with John and Patsy Misterfeld. We all ate fish like we had been on Naked and Afraid for twenty-one days. It was a good day and a good night and when we left Larry's, the moon was so bright it looked like a cloudy day. I slept like a drugged man and woke up craving coffee. Live is good. Thank you, Lord.
Cash me peein' on the road. How bow dah?

No comments:

Post a Comment