Thursday, December 19, 2019

Higher

John is back at the pool. He is still in a walking boot for three more weeks, but his doctor cleared him to swim. Wednesday morning, his first morning back, he was thirty minutes late. What else is new? Then when I finished, I had to go out in the cold to get John's walking cane. He left it in the car. Who does that? Thirty-seven minutes later, thirty-seven minutes later, thirty-seven minutes later, did I mention it was thirty-seven minutes later before I was able to leave? Bless his heart. 

I swam

2,100 43:44 (2:04)
4 X 50
300 small paddles
2 X 50
400 medium paddles
total: 3,100 yards = 2.833 meters

I took a run in the early afternoon. I put a leg warmer on the left leg under my tights. It seemed to do the trick. I shuffled for 9.06 miles. After rest and nutrition, I went to Plate City for leg day. I did not hit it too hard. I did four sets of squats and of course I played with the farmer's handles. I did six reps of 65 feet with an added fifteen pounds on each side. Have I mentioned how much I love that apparatus. That is one heck of a workout. 

I also fixed up my beer keg. I put a fifty pound bag of sand in it for a total of 80 pounds. I was thinking that would be the perfect weight. Not. I can lift it to my waist. That is all. I was thinking I would use it to load over the yoke. You know, the one I ordered from Leflore Steel about three months ago. I might get that thing one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment