Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Three Squares and Titan

Not really, but close. And not meals but workouts. I fell off the cliff, hit the bottom, and now I am bouncing up. A little.

To start my first full week off of school, I went to the Twin Rivers little pool where I was supposed to meet Tristan Stacey, an MDCC student, for a race. He challenged me, I accepted, and we set a date giving him plenty of time to get in shape. I never believed he would show up, but just in case, I cleared it with Debbie, came in early, and started warming up. Every time I got to the western end of the pool, I gave to door a gaze.

No, he didn't show so I defeated him in abstentia. I swam 1,700 straight, which is more than four times the 400 yards we were to race. Any 400 of those 1,700 could be counted as my victory over Tristan.

Next up was coffee and cat time. Since it was supposed to rain and since I did not lift at all last week, I cut this precious time down and went to Plate City. I did bench presses and I also got to play with my new Farmer's Walk handles. I love those things, and I can already tell they are going to be huge in my strength and fitness journey. 

While I am at it, let me give Titan Fitness a plug. I have been buying stuff from them for several reasons. First, their prices are fantastic. I know, Rogue is the big name in the industry. But Rogue is like three times as expensive as Titan. Is Rogue three times as good? No way. Rogue gives sets of weights for free to crossfit athletes who place high in the Crossfit Games. They also plaster their name all over the Games. Somebody has to pay for all that. I don't want to pay for some dude who probably has more money than me to get a free set of weights. I don't have to with Titan.

Second, Titan offers free shipping. You don't have to get the calculator out and try to figure if you can afford this purchase or that because you have to add shipping on top of everything. Furthermore, I have received almost everything I ordered from them within days. I said almost. That is the subject of my next paragraph.

My Farmer's Handles did not come in when promised. They were supposed to arrive on Wednesday. That was changed to Friday. Friday and Saturday come and went with no shipment from Titan. I emailed them on Tuesday about my order. They emailed back Thursday and said my shipment had been lost in transit, and that another pair was on the way at no charge. The handles arrived Saturday. That, my friend, is costumer service.

So Titan Fitness overs quality equipment at low prices with free and fast shipping and excellent costumer service. Why pay Rogue prices? I'm not doing it. I can't. Titan makes it possible for someone like me, without deep pockets, to acquire some needed equipment. I have been able to get some strongman stuff that you can't find used on Facebook Marketplace, which is where I have purchased a ton of weight plates. Thank you, Titan Fitness.

I also got in a shuffle before the monsoons hit. I did 5.06 slow but happy miles, and then my exercise for the day was done. Penny and I went to Over 60s that night, and I ate Larry's fish without guilt. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment