Thursday, December 10, 2020

Big Day

It was a big day for quadrathon training, and it started with a big surprise. Of course I drank lots of coffee and blogged and spent time with the cats. But at the pool, the unexpected happened. Guess. Go ahead and guess. You got it. For the fourth time in about 1,500 swims (not an exaggeration: two to six times per week for seven and a half years) John was on time. Yes, my mind was blown. I guess me leaving and him showing up at the pool with me having come and gone showed him that I am not going the hour and a half late route. I swam

1,400 27:53

13 X 100 @ 2:09

300 small paddles

total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters.

You noticed. I guess the single spacing after an Enter works only after you insert a picture. Speaking of pictures, take a look.


I told you she's a beauty. Yes I used her Wednesday. Oh, I forgot. I ran first, first workout of the day. I spent half the morning trying to drink the coffee pot dry. Then about 10:00, I went out for a shuffle. I did some reconnaissance while I was out. I found the mayor's house and figure a route that avoids her residence and gets me to the river bank with minimal exposure. Why? I figure Biden is going to shut the country down and it will be considered illegal for me to be out running. Of course, I will not obey. I was born a free man, and I intend to die that way. But I am not going to look for trouble. I shuffled 4.62 miles and broke the 1,000-mile mark for the year, the first time I have done that since 2016. Yeah, it's been that long. 

So I ran, then swam, then eagerly went to Plate City to squat in Red Head. I loved it. When I re-racked the squat bar, Red Head did not move, did not shake, she just stood strong like a real rack should. I squatted

13 X 45
  6 X 95
3 X 115
3 X 115
3 X 115
3 X 114
1 X 120

See. I insert a picture and I can then do a single space after Enter.

I also did leg curls, leg extensions, and back extensions. In addition to that, I cycled for 8:00 minutes on the stationary bicycle. The quadrathon training is real. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment