Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Spot Cats

Have you ever had a spot cat?

Spotted?

No, a spot cat.

Huh?

Some cats pick a spot to nap. Then they change spots every three weeks or a month.

Is this a real topic or are you making this up off the top of your head?

I pity you. 

Pity away.

Bubby was the biggest spot cat ever.

How much did he weigh?

I mean he never napped anywhere but in his spot. And it changed every few weeks. I was just thinking about that, and I came up with eleven spots he had at our house on Monroe.

Why not twelve?

Because he rotated them. He had the same ones over and over, but they were months apart.

So COVID, shutdowns, the new normal is getting to you?

No. Well, yes, but I just find it fascinating how some cats are spot cats and some are not. I guess they all are because the ones who don't rotate their spots keep the same one all their lives.

Oh, I remember now. You wake up in the morning thinking about things and this is what you were thinking this morning.

Yeah. And the reason I was thinking it is CC just changed her spot.

So she is a spot cat.

Well, only sort of. She has had the same spot for over three years now. She recently added a spot and then changed her old spot. Let me explain.

I can't wait.

Her spot has been in my lap or on my upper thighs ever since we've had her. Sometimes she will climb up on the bed while I am typing on my laptop and just glare at me.

The stink eye?

Yeah. Sometimes I say, "What?" out loud. And then I realize that she wants the laptop out of her spot. I move it and she takes her throne.

Spoiled cat.

I love spoiled cats. They're the best. Then a few weeks back she added a spot. She sometimes now gets on top of the DVD player. That thing is a little warm and cats always find the warm places.

And this hurts your feelings?

Not really. I just find it curious. Then she changed her spot on me. She has begun to crawl under my arm on the right side. For four days that is where she hangs out and sleeps and she will not crawl up onto my lap.

So?

No use talking to you. You don't find anything interesting.

And you say that Randy Beets is weird?

Cat people will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment