Tuesday, May 25, 2021

5/17 - 5/23

Monday I began to rebuild the run. I upped it all the way to 1.37 miles. Not only that, but I went to the pool and knocked out 3,000 yards. Tuesday I ran even farther with a whopping 2.02 in my training dairy. At the pool, I did 3,975 yards with the main set being 7 X 100 @ 1:53

Wednesday I decided on the outdoor one and did a short but intense practice in preparation for Saturday's swim meet. I swam 800 warmup and then 8 X 100 @ 2:27. That is the only thing I had programmed in my watch that would work. On the road, I went 2.22 miles.

Thursday was time to start tapering. All I did was an easy 1,000 and then two practice dive starts off the deck. I ran 3.27 miles, and lifted weights two times that day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Friday was rest and travel to the coast for the meet. On the way, we stopped by the DFM office to drop off some more donations. We also did some shopping. Saturday was the big meet and I had fun. Penny even enjoyed it. I swam six races for a total of 1,000 yards of all out swimming. I won five of my six events and was a close second in the only one I did not win. 

For the week, I 

ran 8.98 miles,

swam 10,999 meters, and

lifted weights two times.

Thank you, Lord, for a really nice weekend at Biloxi.

No comments:

Post a Comment