Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Back

I got my computer back from the hospital. That was tough. Last night, I began drafting a writeup of the Great Geezer Run. Probably I will finish that in a day or two. Right now, I wanted to write something to completion so I picked up where I am. 

To answer the obvious question, yes.

Huh?

Yes.

What?

You want to know if I have recovered from the Great Geezer. The blisters have healed, my left foot no longer hurts, and the right tibia is OK. I limped for two days after the pain went away (PTSD?) but now I am even shuffling a little with no bad symptoms. Yesterday, I ran 2.02 miles and went to the pool for my last big practice before Saturday. 

What happens Saturday?

The Mississippi State Senior Olympics swim meet takes place in Biloxi. Last year it was cancelled due to COVID. This year the meet is back, and they are allowing competitors to do six events. I am signed up for six: the 50, 100, 200, and 500 free, and the 50 and 100 back. In the pool, I swam

2,100 40:35

brick kick

325 medium paddles 5:45

25 back

brick kick

325 medium paddles 5:46

5 X 50 back

7 X 100 @ 1:53 (this was the money set that I might repeat today)

300 25/25 free/back

total: 3,975 yards = 3,633 meters.

I should have lifted when I got home from the pool, but I was seized by laziness.

Sigh. 

Maybe today.

Thank you, Jesus, for safety and help on the Great Geezer, and thank you for a speedy recovery. Thank you for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment