Thursday, May 27, 2021

Wednesday

I suppose I will write about Wednesday's training. I missed Monday and Tuesday due to writing about Biloxi, the previous week, and the little piece yesterday on musings. 

I have fallen into my summer pattern of sleeping until 6:30 but staying in bed way too long. I blog, I pet cats, I study for Sunday, I dream, I look at social media. Then around 10:00 a.m., I get out of bed and go for a run. Yesterday after I finished shuffling 8.03 miles, I changed shoes and mowed the front yard. It is a pretty easy lawn to mow and I do not mind doing it. After that, it was time for lunch.

After lunch, I had a Zoom meeting. Sometimes I wish I had never heard of Zoom. But then, it is better than getting dressed and driving 25 miles one way to a meeting on what is supposed to be my day off. The Zoom was training on an electronic text I will allegedly be using next semester. I will be teaching two new courses in the fall. I have six classes on my fall schedule, all of them different. I will teach Beginning English, Intermediate English, English Composition I, English Composition II, World Lit I, and Film as Literature.

At least I get Film as Lit. That is the class that makes me want to get out of bed and go to work.

I met John at the pool at 3:30. He was on time for the ninth time in nine years. That brings his average up to being on time once per year. 

At the pool, I swam

2,600 46:46

400 medium paddles 6:53

6 X 50 large paddles

total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters

At home, I rested a bit and then went to Plate City for pull night. On the chest-supported TBar, I pulled

20 X 35

12 X 45

11 X 55

  8 X 65

  8 X 75

I also did three sets of Lenny rows, reverse flys, and chins with no weight, + 6, plus 7.5, and plus 10. Between sets, I mowed the back yard. I cut the high rack pulls short with only one set done. Sometimes I'm lazy like that.

So it was a day of three workouts, school work when I am supposed to be off, and lawn mowing. Thank you, Jesus., for a full life, for good health, and for interesting goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment