Friday, September 29, 2017

Friday Morning

No, CC and Baby Kitty are on the back porch. I don't know why, maybe some birds on the patio. But Luvie is purring at the foot of the bed while I drink coffee, have my devotions, and do some sermon prep. Yeah, life is good.

Thursday I was back at Advanced Fitness for some more therapy. Once more, we did everything we had done the day before but added a few new moves. I left feeling upbeat and ready to hit the pool. John even called and said he wanted to swim, and believe it or not, he showed up. He showed up late, but he showed up.

I told him he needed to write out his funeral instructions and that the preacher should be at least half way through the sermon before his body is wheeled into the service. He really should be late for his own funeral. His response was, "Well, you'll preach it. Patsy's too."

The shoulder started feeling a little gimpy late in the swim so I tapped earlier than I intended. I thought to swim 2,400, but instead stopped at 2,100. With the rehab and the swim, I was good. By the grace of God, I hope to swim again today.

I have a lot on tap for this beautiful Friday. I need to drink more coffee, go to the cleaners and the bank, do some carpentry work on Mom's ramp, swim, take a nap, do my home rehab, work in the yard, grade papers, do some more sermon prep, and of course take my wife out to eat tonight. This is what I do when I don't do anything. And I need to take the dogs out for some fun and exercise. Maybe tomorrow.

Grace to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment