Wednesday, September 27, 2017

More Comeback

Monday I went to the pool and the water had cooled to 85. The temps have not gone down so that means we have hit that tipping point where the nights are so long that the water won't get any warmer. From now on, the water temps will slowly fall getting cooler and cooler. They will average around mid-fifties through much of the winter bouncing up and down with the weather.

I was alone, as usual, and I felt pretty good. I swam 2,100 with the longest set being an easy 600 meters. After my swim, I did some rehab work at Plate City. Besides the band exercises which focus on the corator tuff muscles, I did some super light bench presses. These were a little better than Saturday's. I did 

16 X 12
12 X 45
10 X 50
10 X 50

Tuesday I made it back to the pool for 2,200 meters. The water had dropped a half degree. I swam the last set as an easy 800. Once more, I hung out with the hounds and rehabbed the shoulder at Plate City. This time on the bench I did

13 X 45
15 X 50
16 X 55

The shoulder is no longer tight at the bottom of each rep. Still, I am doing these slowly and I don't know how they would feel if I did them fast.

Today, I am scheduled for a session with the physical therapist. After that I hope to have another session in the pool. I'll give you three guesses as to what I have planned. Yep, you got it. I hope to swim 2,300. I am determined not to go up over 100 meters per session at least until I get to 3,000. If I can do 3,000 without suffering any negative repercussions,  I think I can then began to train again. What I am doing now is not training but rehabilitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment