Thursday, September 21, 2017

Installment Two of Comeback Five

The second installment of comeback five was a little disappointing. John was supposed to meet me there at 3:30 so I went to the pool at 4:00. Guess what. No, he was not late; he didn't even show. Again.

I had the place all to myself once more and I loved that. The shoulder didn't hurt, but I felt it some and that always makes me back off. Sometimes I wonder if I should try to push on, but wisdom tells me to err on the side of caution. If I have been erring, I've been doing lots of it.

The water had risen to 86 and my guess is it will be 87 maybe 88 today. It is almost up there with summer time temps. The month started with below average temperatures and now we hare having above average. But if you put the two together, we are about average. At least the swimming is still good and the grass is slowing its growth rate. That is one of the things I love about the fall. When I mow the lawn now, it means something, it lasts a bit.

I swam 1,100 with nothing over 100 at a time. I also picked up a pretty big pile of rocks off the bottom. If I hadn't done that over the years, there would be no pool, but only a big pit of pebbles and stones. Who does that? It makes me wonder if I am living two lives at once. I am an old man swimming and a young boy throwing rocks into the pool at night? Well, I haven't caught myself doing it so I am claiming innocence, at least for now.

The training? I shouldn't even call it that. The rehabilitation is better and more accurate terminology. I plan to try again today but am not expecting much. Tomorrow I am supposed to start the professional rehabilitation with the physical therapist. I look forward to that. Thank you Lord for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment