Monday, March 21, 2022

BBU 19

This was Spring Break Week, and it proved to be a bummer as far as training goes. Normally I like to ring the bell when I am off work. This time, however, we, Penny and I, spent several days moving. We started in 2020 trying to move. Don't judge me. When you have been in one house for over forty years, it is almost impossible to move. Really, it is.

Monday, Tyler and I maxed our squat in preparation for our final trained cycle for the Crazy Man Quadrathon. Later in the day, I shuffled 1.32 miles. The legs were done from the heavy squats. I did make it to the pool where I swam 3,100 yards.

Tuesday, we maxed out bench press. I ran longer since my legs had a night's sleep, going 6.12 miles. Once more, I made the pool for 3,800 yards.

Wednesday was where I began to fall off. In the morning, Tyler and I maxed our deadlift. I got a PR of 260, while Tyler smashed the all-time Association of Sports Strongmen world record with a pull of 450 pounds. I ran 1.55 miles on weight fatigued legs, but did not make it to the pool. Penny and I dedicated the afternoon to West Monroe Ave.

Thursday is off day at Plate City. Nevertheless, I only shuffled 1.63 miles since Penny went over early to work on Monroe. We did lots of moving, and I did not have the energy to squeeze in a swim.

Friday, Tyler and I lifted light. Then Penny and I did breakfast at Acy's before heading to French Camp to give them-- French Camp Academy-- a truck load of stuff. We went back to Monroe, and Danny Collins helped me move some books. Later, some people came from Bellefontaine to buy some lead from me. I was there until around 7:00 p.m., and I got rid of all of my wheel weights. Praise God for that. 

Saturday I had big plans. After studying, I went out for a run and stopped after 8.11 miles. I needed a swim. I wanted to lift. I also needed to arrange some books. But Jarrod Barrentine called. He was cooking crawdads and invited us out. We needed the break; we went. It was good, yeah.

Sunday is always church and rest. I did drag out for a 1.71 shuffle after dark. That one made 168 straight days of running. I'm still slow. But thank you God that I am still doing it.

For the week, I

  ran 22.15 miles,
  swam 6,296 meters,
  lifted weights four times, and
  Skiergged 19:20

I did not swim much, and I did not ride a single second on the stationary. It's time to get going on that. Quarathon cometh. Only the strong will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment