Saturday, March 26, 2022

Not a Normal Friday

Friday is normally a big training day. But this time around, I was tapering for the Viking, I had some yard work that needed doing, and the air at the pool was bad

Tyler and I met at the gym and despite having a fitful night's sleep, we worked hard. Friday is our double day. We did push and pull. When we finished, I was hungry and went inside and ate three eggs and drank some milk. Instead of going back to bed, however, I dressed and went out to run some errands. I bought a leaf blower, purchased some gas for the lawn mower, and mowed the front lawn.

Then I took a very short and very easy 1.02 mile run. After that, I put a listing on Facebook Market Place advertising a boat trailer for sale. I made the post about 11:00 a.m. I had the money by 12:20. Nice.

I picked up my race packet at 2:00 p.m. and headed for the pool. John and I met there and I swam 1,050. Normally Friday is long swim day. But this time, I had a coughing attack and stopped. The air in there is bad right now. My lungs, throat, and eyes were all burning. I have been suffering since Thursday night's swim with coughing and nasal stuff. Tyler had the same reaction.

So next up is the Viking Half Marathon. Stay tuned and praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment