Friday, March 18, 2022

Jim Bob Left in a Hurry

Jim Bob threw Pee Wee a biscuit as he came through the back gate. That is his secret to keep the little turd from getting out. Once out, he runs all over town.

"I have plenty," he said, holding his tumbler up and referring to his coffee. His eyes covered the gym noticing the new decorations.

"Not much," I said anticipating his question.

"Well, you did a lot out here."

Penny and I have spent our spring break moving. We started sleeping at the Hideout almost two years ago. When you live somewhere over forty years, it is almost impossible to move.

"Yeah. This new stuff on the wall are somethings I didn't want to get rid of. All I did training-wise was to take a short run, 1.63 miles. I didn't lift, and I didn't swim."

"Wow. You guys must be getting serious."

"We are. It's time. I am tired of paying someone to mow the lawn. Paying an extra utility bill. Paying taxes. Too much."

"I get it," he answered. "Are y'all going to finish this week?"

"No. I'm hoping the summer of 2023 we can finish. Penny will be retired, and I will be off work."

He shot me a look.

"Just kidding. We are getting close. I now believe we can do it. Maybe early summer or even before."

"I never heard of anybody taking two years to move."

"I never heard of anybody whose friends wouldn't help him move."

At that, Jim Bob got up and headed for the gate.

"Don't go away mad," I yelled. "Just go away." And he did.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment