Friday, March 25, 2022

Strange Pain

Thursday, my work Friday, was a good one. I slept in since we always leave Plate City closed on Thursday morning. When I got out of bed and began to move about, however, I noticed something troubling. My left foot in the heel area was extremely painful when I put weight on it. Huh!? My first thought was plantar fasciitis. When I got dressed and put on shoes, however, I had no issue with walking at all. Go figure. I reviewed all my memories and came up with no recollection of stepping on something or suffering any sort of injury. 

When I got home from work and took my shoes off, I again had trouble walking. But no sensation with flexion or pain walking with shoes on. With shoes off it was yelling pain. I thought that the running streak was over and opted to go to Plate City and get on the stationary, which I need to do anyway. I rode if for 30:17 then decided to try a shuffle. I did and kept it at 1.02 miles. So I can run, and the streak is still alive. Praise God.

I met Tyler at the pool. The plan was to swim 1,000 warm up, the set we call the Meet, and 1,000 cool down. We did the warm up and then started the Meet. When we finished the opening 200 for time, I found that I had not started the deck watch that has the set programmed into it. Tyler suggested we start the watch, do some easy swimming, and then pick up the rest of the set. We did. We swam 150, and then waited for the first 4:00 interval on the deck watch to wind down. When it did, we swam

  50
  100
  50 back
  50 breast
  500
  50
  50

We cooled down with our 1,000 for a total of 3,200 yards. While I was retrieving my times from the watch, I accidently cleared it, but I remember the first 200 was in 3:08 and the 500 was in 7:58. Outside of competition, I have only broken 8:00 minutes in the 500 a couple of times. So to do it under that fatigue level that the Meet set produces, tells me I am pretty fit in the water right now. Not only that, but I hit 40 for one or more of the 50s and was even sub 1:00 for the breast 50. I break 40 in training about two times per year. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment