Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Start of a Better Week?

When the alarm went off Monday morning, I determined to start a better training week. I got dressed and went out to meet the morning, meet Pee Wee, meet my training partner Tyler. Since we are running the Viking Half Marathon this Saturday, we decided to do legs at the start of the week so they could recover for the race.

We maxed last week therefore we are ramping up strength training between now and the Crazy Man Quadrathon so we trained on percentages and mine were higher. Not only that, but my low back was tight, really tight, so it actually hurt to squat. Still, I did my best and we hit the legs hard finishing with our swimming complex. This week, we upped the complex by added battle ropes to the front, and five seconds to the Skierg.   

Monday is my long day at work. In addition to that, we had Over 60s for the first time in three months. That always throws a monkey wrench into my schedule. I came home, changed clothes quickly, and made a fast drive to the pool. There, I only swam 900 yards, a PW (personal worst) before getting out and going back home.

At home, I went out for a short shuffle of 1.83 miles. That was enough, my legs being blown out from this morning's squat session. So I had a decent day, three workouts, short ones but three nonetheless, and then we ate Larry's fish in Itta Bena. Yeah, it was a good day, a long one, a productive one. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment