Saturday, March 5, 2022

Short Post on a Long Day

I didn't post Friday. I just realized that. Not to worry. All I did Thursday was take a short shuffle. Well, not too short. I ran seven miles. But we sleep in Thursday mornings, and Penny and I had a dinner engagement with Jr. and Frances Barrentine at Hilltop Thursday night. That kept me out of the pool that night. Yes, it was good. I ordered a steak and it was cooked just right.

Friday, however, was a different story. The big guy, Tyler, has gone to the coast to swim in the ocean. Bully for him. Meanwhile, Vicki and I were at Plate City. We snoozed and met up at a quarter till six. Yeah, we're lazy like that. To make a short story long, we did it all, push and pull. 

Later in the morning, I went out for a short shuffle and put in 2.32 miles. Then it was lunch and off to the pool. In the water, I went for a straight swim of 1:43:10. I made it 5,100 yards and tapped out. Yeah, the pace wasn't too good but so what. I had a good day then Penny and I went to Crystal for supper. We asked for our favorite Crystal waitress, Lyndsey, and had good service, good food, and good company: each other.

Oh yeah, I sold another shirt. Quadrathon is coming. And thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment