Thursday, May 2, 2019

Last Day

Today is the last day of regular classes. The students are like the walking dead. I am like the walking dead. The other teachers are like the walking dead. It always happens. Yet there is hope.

The hope lies in the fact that we have exams next week, graduation Friday, and then we are off work. I need to be off work. Here are some things I need to do.

Sleep. I am a bit behind on my rest. Maybe I can start catching up after this semester finally comes to a conclusion. More than likely, I will simply expend more energy than ever and wind up more tired than now. Maybe not.

Work on the house. I really don't want to talk about it.

Sleep. Yeah, I mentioned that one already.

Cycle. For some reason, I am having difficulty getting going on this. Maybe when I have more leisure, I will ride some. I used to have so much fun doing that, exploring the neighboring counties. I want it again.

Swim. I don't even need any motivation for this. I will swim until my arms fall off and if that happens I will duct tape them back on and keep swimming. Well, I will want to. My arms have fallen off in the past and it is not so simple as duct tape and determination. 

Run. Despite the fact that I now say with my mouth that I am a swimmer who tries to run, in my heart I am still a runner who swims. It won't go away. I keep putting my shoes on and heading out the door even though I now run like the walking dead (see what I did there?).

Pray. I need to pray a lot more than I do. There are always excuses. I invented most of the excuses. If you need some, just ask me.

Study. I have grown a bit lazy over the past few years in this regard. I used to study around the clock. Now, not so much. I watch too much TV, too many YouTube videos, and I take too many naps. Scratch that. You can't take too many naps. Naps are good for you. My momma tried to teach me that when I was a little boy. At the time, I hated naps. Now I believe her and cherish a good rest break during the day. It is amazing what a ten minute snooze can do for energy and outlook.

Spend time with wife. See what I did. She is the last one on the list. But she will be at work every day and our time together will be a day here and there. Maybe we can take some trips. I'd like to go back to Hot Springs. We used to go often, stay on Long Island, and I would arise early every morning and circumnavigate the island from the water. I had a lot of fun doing that. One lap is over 2.5 miles. Also we can make some day trips. Just get in the truck and go. I need to make a list of places we need to see, places in Mississippi that we have never visited. 

Hang out with cats. They need me. I will make myself available to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment