Monday, May 6, 2019

Saturday

Collins and I attending the Greenwood Mentoring Group's Thirteenth Annual Prayer Breakfast Saturday morning. I believe in what Bill Clay is doing and support him both morally and financially. But of course, this threw a monkey wrench into my training.

I didn't go to the pool all day. By the time I got home, my brother was wanting a copy of a map I had to drive to Carroll County to get. I drove out, realized I had forgotten my phone that I needed to take a picture of the map so I had to go back to town and come back. I'm efficient like that.

On the way back the second time, I stopped at Hill View Baptist Church and took off up the highway. For the first time this year, I felt like a runner. I have been shuffling along at over 14:00 minutes per mile. That's embarrassing and it both hurts my heart and my pride. Saturday as I started out in the rain, I felt good, more fit, smooth, faster. A glance at the Garmin showed I was cruising along at just under an 11:00 minute pace. Who would a thunk that I ever would be pleased with that? But right now, it represents progress.

I went up the big hill. My time for the Big Hill Mile, as I call it, was 14:40. Heck, that's what I've been running in Greenwood. I felt so good that I shuffled for 4.05 miles straight before I decided walking might be good for my knee. I did some more shuffling, and finished with 4.65 miles of running and some walking added to that for over five total foot miles.

The rain never relented so I did not lift. My energy was pretty much poured out with the run so I did no more physical activity. 

Praise God for a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment