Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Second Outdoor Swim

Tuesday after work I swam again in the big pool outdoors. It's that time of year. Once again the water was 78 degrees, and I swam

2800 1:00:22 (2:09)
400 countdown
200 small paddles
5 X 100 @ 2:15
100 medium paddles
200 small paddles
total: 4,200 meters.

It was a nice swim. I cut the time on the 100s by one second. I used to do them on 2:00. Now, I am finishing about 1:50. Ten seconds rest is not enough for me to do a long set. I'd burn out in five or six reps, but I am working on it. I resurrected the count down set starting with only 400. This is a stamina set that I used to do. I build it by a 100 or two each time I do it. When I get it up to around 2,000 meters, I am fit for swimming long and hard.

The pool will always be slower than it used to be. Without lane lines, I can't swim too straight. The problem is I don't know how much difference it actually makes, a second per hundred, two seconds? I don't know. Plus one has to deal with the robots and wind. But it is good training for open water. I plan to do it again today. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment