Monday, December 23, 2019

12/16 - 12/22

I got back on track last week. Pretty much. I had hoped to run more miles, but a gimpy patellar tendon scuttled that. Monday I cut it a bit short at 5.06 miles of shuffling along with 1,553 meters of swimming and some weight training.  Tuesday I swam 2,559 meters but did not run a step. Plate City did, however, receive a visit from me. 

Wednesday I hit 2,833 meters in the water. It was also my long run of the week, but even 9.06 miles was fewer than I had hoped for. I hit the gym hard for legs and playing with strongman stuff. I tried to run again Thursday, after swimming 3,199 meters, but was cut short at 1.17 miles. Plate City was, however, in full swing.

Friday was my long swim of the week with 4,000 yards (3,656 meters). I did not run at all but did some lifting. Saturday I had hoped to bust everything out big. All I did, however, was a 5.03 mile shuffle.

For the week, I

lifted five times,
shuffled 20.32 miles, and
swam 13,800 meters.

That was pretty good. But it is getting time to start training for Chicot. I must start doing more volume without losing my speed. How to? Praise God for the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment