Monday, December 2, 2019

Week O-F-T

I had a week O-F-T so I should have busted out some really big numbers. That was, however, not the case. It was the case with my running, but with the other two, not so much. 

Monday I swam 4,300 yards. John is out with a broken foot, so I went in later, about 10:10. I had a really strong practice with a long warm up and a 9 X 200 set. I ran 8.41 miles that afternoon and lifted weights to have one really solid day.

Tuesday, I swam 4,100 yards, again after 10:00. I ran 4.65 miles. I did not, however, get to lift weights. Wednesday I once more had a good day at the pool, but failed to get to Plate City. In the water, I did 4,000 yards. On the road, I shuffled 4.65 miles. So it was still a lot of training.

Thursday, I did what I always do on Thanksgiving if I am healthy enough and fit enough. I ran to Hillbilly Heave. That meant no swimming and no lifting. But I felt good about the 16.01 miles.

Friday was my Black Friday chauffeur day. I did shuffle 1.91 miles in one of the parking lots while the ladies were shopping. That was all I could do that day. Saturday was another day of Thanksgiving eating with us meeting at Forrest's. I shuffled 1.25 miles over there to finish my week of training. 

For the week, I

lifted weights once,
swam 11,333 meters, and 
ran 35.5 miles.

That is my biggest week of running in several years. My legs feel good so my confidence is rising. I now am pretty sure I will sign up for the Mississippi River Marathon. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment