Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Eve

It was the day before Christmas and all through the pool, not a creature was swimming, not even a fool. Except me at 4:00 a.m. I did

3,100 1:02:31 (2:00)
8 X 50
total: 3,500 yards = 3,199 meters

I followed that up with a session at Plate City that featured pulls and, and what? If you guessed farmer's walk you win a pony. I took the weight up to plus thirty-five pounds extra per side and did seven walks.

After that I shuffled to Hillbilly Heaven but not in the most direct route. On the way, I knocked a wad of hair and scalp off the top of my head when I crossed the Yazoo River bridge on Highway 82. I have crossed that bridge on foot dozens of times without incident. Something was different. They either added a sign or moved one. I noticed there was a sign pole in my way so I was looking down to shuffle my feet and BAM!!!; I knocked myself silly and bloody. 

Running up the frontage road on 82, I was thinking, this is a heat training session. The temps were only supposed to hit 62 or 63, but I had sweat rolling off my face like I climbed out of a shower. I did not feel as fit as I did at Thanksgiving when I made the run. My pace slowed to a walk pace although I was running. Sort of. I pulled the big hill. Then Baby Girl, our daughter, came along and checked on me. After that Penny drove up and checked also. I arrived at HBH with 16.56 miles on the old skinny legs. Now I could eat without guilt. Well, truth be told, I do that anyway. Thank you, Jesus, for a full and fun day of exercise and family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment