Sunday, December 22, 2019

Change in Senior Olympic Date

Saturday it was honor to preach the funeral of Danny Scallion. When I have a funeral, I do nothing beforehand if possible but study, pray, and shine my shoes. That is what I did before Danny's funeral which was held at Centerville Baptist Church. When I got home, I ate, and rested until my food settled. After that I took a run. I shuffled 5.03 miles. That was a decent workout, but nothing to brag on.

I had planned a session at Plate City. I needed some leg work and I wanted to play with the yoke and the farmer's handles. But when I took a nap, I became covered up in cats. The cats and the nap got me lazy, and add some football on TV, and it was a perfect storm to do nothing. I did nothing but hang out with cats, watch football, and study for Sunday's Christmas message.

I just found out the new date for the Mississippi State Senior Olympics. I emailed them a few weeks ago for the date, and it was tentatively set for April 4th. That was perfect for me and the same weekend it was held last year. That gave me a chance to train for the sprints and middle distance races, taper, and then have a month left for nothing but volume to get ready for the Chicot Challenge which is the first Saturday in June. 

Today, I found out that the date for the 2020 swim meet has been changed to May the 16th. That info threw my mind into a tizzy. How am I going to pull this off? Training for Chicot and training for a pool meet are two different things. I am not upset about it, I just wonder if I can pull them both off well, like I did last year. I will do lots of thinking on my training program from now to then. I will probably train sprints along with volume until the swim meet and then have one week of nothing but volume before my Chicot taper week. That is me best thinking on it as of now. Thank you, Jesus, for this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment