Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Bouncing

I bounced up a little Tuesday. I was in the pool at 6:15. With John out, I have been sleeping later. I swam

2,000 40:28
10 X 50 @ 1:16
300 medium paddles
total: 2,800 yards = 2,559 meters

I decided not to run because one of my patellar tendons was a little gimpy. The cold weather plus a bunch of miles on this body is what that is all about.

At Plate City, I did one-arm rows, row machine, and played some more with the Farmer's Walk handles. This time I upped to distance from fifty to sixty feet, upped the added weights from 2.5s to 5s, and tacked on another rep from four to five. I love that thing. Even with the light weights I am doing now, after a couple of reps, I can feel it in my forearms, traps, biceps, and quads. It is a FULL body workout. My heart rate and respiration get up there too. I will play some more today. 


Above is one piece of new equipment at the gym. That is a duck walk handle. It is a simple loadable handle that is awkward to carry. 


Above is one of the Farmer's Walk handles. Notice the hand grip in the center. That is 1.25 inches, a little larger than standard barbell stuff of 1.0. This makes the apparatus a bit harder to hold on to. On the ends are Olympic size tubes for loading weight plates. The handles weight 52 pound empty. I had a five on each end making the weight 62 pounds per hand or 124 pounds total.

Yes, that is a tractor tire on the other side of the fence. No, I have not used that in a while, but I certainly need to. When I go over the fence, for tire-flipping, sled dragging, Husafell stone carries, or framers's walk, I call that an alley workout. Alley workouts do more than build strength; they build fitness also. With the grace of God, I hope to do a lot more alley work in the upcoming weeks. Thank you, Jesus, for good health, a good gym, and the desire to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment