Monday, December 30, 2019

12/23 - 12/29

Monday morning I swam 4,400 yards to get the day started. Later I shuffled 3.48 miles and then lifted weights at Plate City. Tuesday I swam 3,500. I already forgot why the drop off on the swim. Oh, now I remember. My phone, which serves as my alarm clock, died during the night so I overslept. John, as usual, was later than I was so no harm except to my yard total. That was Christmas Eve, and I ran 16.56 miles to Hillbilly Heaven after another weight session at the gym.

Wednesday, Christmas day, was typical with lots of lounging and too much eating. I did so a small shuffle to Forrest's where we had Christmas supper. It was only 1.45 miles, but that was better than a poke in the eye.

Thursday I hit the pool hard with 5,350 yards. I hit the gym hard too with lots of pushing and farmers's walk stuff. Later, I got out at Hillview Baptist Church and shuffled 5.59 miles to HBH. 

Friday I was beginning to think about Chicot so I did a long straight swim. I went 5,500 and thought that was something. Then one of those Facebook Memories popped up and showed a picture of my Garmin from one year ago. In 2018, I did 6,700 and it only took me four more minutes to do it. Wow. I rarely go back a year and read this blog even though it provides a thorough and accurate record. When I do go back, it is in the hard copy journal I keep. Later, Penny and I went to Jackson. I shuffled 1.15 miles in one of the parking lots while she shopped.

Saturday I swam 3,400 yards. I determined ahead of time not to run but only to swim and lift. I had a good session at the gym before going inside to watch LSU put a beat down on Oklahoma. Great. 

It was a solid week. I

swam 20,243 meters,
ran 28.23 miles, and
lifted four times.

No comments:

Post a Comment