Saturday, December 14, 2019

Wondering?

Maybe you're wondering where I've been? You were posting everyday, you say. Some days you posted twice, you say. Some days you posted three times. You say right.

I just went four days without a word on this blog. Don't be angry. But I have been both under the weather and under the gun. For a few days I could not train and that is mostly what I write about, my training. Also we just finished up a semester at MDCC. The end of a semester is always a busy time especially for an English teacher. We have tons of essays to read, grade, and grades to enter into a computer not once but twice. Yep. Let's make a difficult time as difficult as possible. 

Training was down last week and then this week hit like a tsunami. Monday I was ill. Tuesday I was ill. Wednesday I swam for the first time in five days and then only a little. I had not time for anything else. Thursday I spoke at a joint meeting of the Greenwood Kiwanis and Lions Clubs on the topic of "Christ-figures in the Movies." That was all I focused on until it was over. I enjoyed the experience. They seemed to also even though I went over time by ten minutes. Later that afternoon, I took a decent shuffle, the first in seven days. I went 7.52 miles at a slower than my usual slow pace. And I slowed down as I went. But it felt good to get something done. I went to the pool and swam 2,000 yards, not much but that was two days in a row.

Friday, I managed to neither run, nor swim, nor lift weights. I have not lifted at all this week, and Saturday Penny and I are going to Jackson. Physically, I have fallen off a cliff. Maybe next week I can stop the free fall. Monday I am supposed to race that student who challenged me. I don't think he will even show up, but I will swim the 400 yards for time if he does not. He might not know it, but it is the best time he may ever see to get me.

Thank you, Jesus, for hope for the upcoming training cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment