Friday, January 29, 2016

Tuesday Night Swim

I sure was disappointed to miss last Thursday night's and Friday afternoon's swims due to people in positions of authority not being able to watch a weather report and have a clue what might happen. Just the mention, not the occurrence, but the mention of snow and a large part of Mississippi society ceases to operate. Enough, I've already ranted on that. But I was mighty happy to get back in the water Tuesday. I did not get in, however, as early as I did the Tuesday before when I was stroking at straight up 6:00. This time I was stroking at 6:15 which amounts to almost 1,000 yards lost forever. Our Masters practices are almost always 2,400 yards/meters. The extra distance I swim is done during the warm up and after practice, so if I miss yards before practice, I miss yards that can't be made up. When the pool closed, I have to leave so there is a finite amount of time I can stay in the water. All I can do, however, is all I can do.

What I did do was 1,050 before practice started, and then we swam some pretty good stuff with no breathing patterns. Praise God.

8 X 50 @ 1:30
4 X 100 @ 2:30
2 X 400 r :30 first with small paddles (5:58; 6:13)
4 X 100 @ 2:30
8 X 50 @ 1:15
In the midst of this, I did an easy 150 waiting for the others to finish sets.
End of Masters. Then I swam 
1,100 small paddles
1,100 free
End of arms.
total:5,800 yards = 5,301 meters.

Now if I can do something like this again Thursday and Friday I will be on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment