Monday, June 6, 2022

5/30 - 6/5

This was the big week, the week of Quadrathon and my first competition at the State Games of Mississippi. It started with a Monday morning bicycle ride of 12.3 easy miles. Now was not the time to train, but to do just enough not to detrain and get fresh at the same time. Also, I ran 1.78 miles and put in 3,050 in the little pool. 

Tuesday, I ran an easy 1.29 miles and swam 2,350 yards.

Wednesday I did nothing. At least I tried to do nothing. I mowed the lawn and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even remember right now. But I did no training. 

Thursday was the big day, Crazy Man Quadrathon. We powerlifted four events, swam one mile, cycled 55.2 miles, and ran 6.8 and walked 3.2. As I told Tyler, "We almost got a good workout."

Friday I tried to sleep in. Then I got up and packed. Penny and I headed to Meridian for the State Games of Mississippi swim meet. I had a blast and won nine gold medals. Between my races, warmups, and cooldowns, I swam 1,950 meters. I'll do another post on the meet.

For the week, I

swam - 8,509 meters
cycled - 67.5 miles
lifted weights - one time
ran - 9.87 miles
walked -3.2 miles

It was an interesting and fun week. Quadrathon was a new experience. The State Games swim meet was fun, and I want to go back. Thank you, Jesus, for a nice trip with Penny. We both enjoyed ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment