Monday, June 13, 2022

Short and Bitter

The BBU writeups are over. The Big Build Ups were my weekly reports on the Crazy Man Quadrathon training. Now I am training for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon swim and next year's swim meets. In addition to that, Tyler and I have already settled on our fundraising challenge for 2023. I am not revealing that at this time, but it will be different.

Remember, last week was the final push to get moved. We did it and finally the move is over. Well, sort of. We have a carport full of stuff that we have to do something with. Because of all of that, I did not get much training done last week. Monday, I swam for a big 2,300 yards. Tuesday, Tyler and I rode early, I went 2,375 yards in the pool. It was not until Wednesday that I lifted weights, ran 4.42 miles, and swam 2,250 yards. Yeah, that was almost training again.

Thursday, we rode again, and I swam 2,500 yards. Friday I did my biggest pool practice with 3,300 yards. And Saturday, I celebrated us moving the last few boxes with a full-body session at Plate City gym and 1.15 miles on the treadmill.

For the week, I

cycled 29.67 miles,
lifted weights two times,
swam 11,817 meters, 
ran 5.57 miles, and
Skiergged 6:00

So there you have it. The training was short and sweet, or maybe I should say short and bitter. I grew frustrated as the week wore on. Only the swimming numbers were good ones. But it wasn't a total bust, and we needed some recovery from the Quad. This week, by the grace of God, I hit it hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment