Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Quadrathon Eve

The coffee is good, and I slept well last night. It is Wednesday morning. The big day is tomorrow. There will be no blog post tomorrow. The thing will be on and when we finish, I have a social engagement to attend. 

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? You're kidding, right?

Unfortunately, no. I protested but to no avail. I really don't want to talk about it. After rising from bed early, doing a powerlifting meet, and completing a 66-mile triathlon in the heat, what do you think I will want need to do? Right, take a shower and crash for the rest of the night. But no, I have to get dressed and go somewhere. I don't want to talk about it.

Yesterday, I made some preparations. I purchased a few things for the cooler. Today I will make more, get some more things to put in the cooler.

Also yesterday I did my last bit of training. I ran, or shuffled, 1.29 miles going a little way out Hades Road then down on the Yazoo River Trail. Short, sweet, done.

Later, I went to the pool. I was still training in the water because I swim a meet Saturday, being signed up for a 50 breast, and a 50, 100, and 400 meter free. Yeah, a meters meet. (See what I did there). I swam

  1,350
  4 X 50 @ :58
  200 medium paddles
  8 X 50 @ 1:16
  200 medium paddles
  total: 2,350 yards = 2,147 meters

That was it. Training complete. Crazy Man Quadrathon is one more sleep away. Am I excited? Yes. Nervous? No. I am ready to get this thing done and be able to wear that good-looking T-shirt with pride. Friday I look forward to some rest. Although fundraising has been slow, I did receive a check yesterday for the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi for $500. That's a good donation right there, I don't care who you are. I am hoping another check or two will come in today's mail. Continue to pray. I have prayed for a tailwind both ways on our bicycle ride. That is asking for a miracle. Now a cold front is predicted to hit sometimes tomorrow afternoon. That will bring a north wind. It looks like God might answer that prayer with a big Yes. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment