Thursday, June 9, 2022

Back to Training

Wednesday I took time to go back to training. Not having run a step since the Quad, I knew it was time to go for a shuffle. Yes, I'm still moving, and I took time to do some of that. But around mid-morning I put on my running shoes and hit the road. It was hot, but I shuffled along for 4.42 miles. My legs didn't feel too bad. They are recovering nicely.

After a short rest, I went to Plate City Gym. That is something else I had not done since the Quad. I did push and pull but I did niether very hard or very long. But I got a workout in, I enjoyed it, and Pee Wee was happy.

Yes, I went to the pool. I had some intentions but I got lazy once I got there. I was tired and when I get tired, the quality goes out the door. Or it never makes it inside the door. I intended to swim a 400 for time and some other fast stuff. I did nothing fast, instead I swam

  1,500 28:51
  50 back
  200 small paddles
  50 breast
  250 small paddles
  2 X 50 25/25 back/breast
  100 small paddles
  total: 2,250 = 2,056 meters

So there you have it. Three workouts, none hard but soid and needed. And that makes three swims in a row. By the grace of God, today will make four.

No comments:

Post a Comment