Friday, June 10, 2022

On the Track

No, we are not through. But I am working everyday and we are getting really close. We should be through Saturday or Monday at the latest. 

Huh? 

Moving. We are almost there. It has only been two years and a month. Once more: if you live in one house for forty-three years, you can't move. Forget about it.

Training?

A little. Tyler and I rode Thursday morning. I got in 14.12 miles. I swam Thursday evening.

What did I do?

  1,600
  9 X 50 @ :57 (first @ :55 and second @ :56)
  200 small paddles
  2 X 50 25/25 back/breast
  2 X 75 25/25/25 back/breast/free
  100 small paddles
  total: 2,600 yards = 2,376 meters

Well, looks like you're tearing up those 50s.

Not so much. I hit 46 on the last three. I will not go up in number or down in interval until I can hit them all in 45 or better on that sendoff. But I am on the right track.

And what is the track?

Well, the Heart O' Dixie is coming up. I want to swim well there. Then next year, the State Senior Olympics roll back around. Not only that, but next summer the State Games of Mississippi come back up, and one of my main goals is to set a new State Games record in the 400 meter free.

So you think you can do it?

I think I can if I work hard and smart for the next year.

Good luck.

Don't wish me luck. Pray for me.

Will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment