Thursday, June 30, 2022

Legs Got Theirs

Vicki and I took a long ride Wednesday morning. Or long for her. She has been whinning about not knowing whether or not she can ride the 27.5 of the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon bike leg. So I thought, let's solve this problem. We went 31 miles, and now she can mark that off her list of things to worry about. She even did a transition run after the ride so she knows she can ride that far and then run.

I did a little bit of book moving. I found two more boxes of books that I did not know I had and some of these were really good stuff. I gave two boxes of Civil War books to my old friend DC, and I carried four boxes to be stored for another friend I have been giving books to. Not only that, but I got all the books off the floor in the outbuilding.

In the afternoon, I worked legs and did a little bit of shuffling on the treadmill at Plate City. I did a warmup set, a high-rep set, and two heavier low-rep sets. Also, I hit the calves a little and ran 1.11 miles. With the morning's ride, my legs got theirs.

At the pool, I noticed that both of them were empty. Vicki was getting out of the big one and since I had not swum in there in weeks, I got into it. But I was not feeling it. Tired, I suppose, from rising early and working hard all day. I swam

  4 X 100
  2 X 150
  200
  250
  50
  total: 1,200 long course meters

That wasn't much of a practice, but like I always say, something is a thousand times better than nothing. Thank you, Jesus, for something. Thank you, Lord, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment