Monday, September 2, 2019

8/26 - 9/1

I don't remember why I did not swim Monday, but I lifted weights, and I shuffled 3.12 miles. Tuesday I did swim a mere 1,600 meters and hit Plate City hard. I also did my longest run of my comeback at 12.27 miles. I even did a little bit of multi-pacing in that one. Amazingly, however, I still have not run as far as my longest swim of the year which is 12.75.

Wednesday is leg day at the gym, but that was not the first thing on the agenda. First up was a 2.66 mile shuffle which was no small chore after the big one Tuesday. Then it was squats at the world's best backyard gym followed by swim coaching and a little swimming of my own. I did 1,350 yards.

Thursday I missed the pool again. I think I called John to wake him up and when he did not answer, I went back to sleep. I hit the gym hard and the road easily for 2.11 miles. Friday was also light with 2.52 miles of running and 1,200 meters of swimming.

Saturday was glorious with college football and a run/swim/run (1.61/2,100 yards/2.11). I also did two sessions at the gym between bouts of football watching. 

For the week, I

ran 26.4 miles,
swam 5,952 meters, and 
lifted weights five times.

I am just beginning to feel like all the miles I have slogged through on the road are starting to pay off. I finally saw some signs that I am in a little bitty bit better shape. Now for the cool weather. I always said, "The winter is your reward for running through the summer." When the weather cools, you can add a few extra miles to that long run, your fluids last longer, and you enjoy the outings more. I am yearning for some adventure running this winter. I even have a list of runs I hope to do.

Thank you, Jesus, for health and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment