Thursday, September 5, 2019

Fourday

I won't even bother to tell you that John was late to the pool. Yes, I was surprised, and I did start in the dark without him. I swam

2,000 45:53 (2:17)
500 medium paddles
total: 2,500 long course meters

After work, I shuffled 3.12 miles in the 94 degree heat. The first part of September has been hotter than the last part of August. In one way that is good. I will get to carry the heat acclimation I have into the 300 Oaks race. It has to be cooler at 8:00 a.m. on the 21st than it is now in the middle of the afternoon.

Workout number three was a leg session at Plate City Gym. I did three sets of reverse hypers, three sets of leg curls, six sets of squats, and one set of leg extensions. That is not as much as it sounds like, but I am building on the leg stuff.

I only had Brad for the swim coaching, and he came in early. I decided to do a double dip. I swam 1,500 short course yards with him. He did his first two successful flip turns and his first two nonstop 50s. I was proud of him, and I think he was happy too. 

In short, it was a good day, a four-workout day, Fourday. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment