Thursday, September 12, 2019

Quad Day

The day started early and ended late. John met me at the pool at 5:30. He was only a few minutes late. I swam

2,000 48:04
10 X 100 medium paddles
100 small paddles
total: 3,100 long course meters

Next up after work was a shuffle of 3.24 miles. This heat is beginning to work on my psyche. Back in late July, I went through a phase when I thought I just could not run in the heat anymore. I got over it and ran all the way through August. Now we are in September, and it is even hotter than August. I am ready for some cool weather and all the fun that brings. I really am not enjoying running very much right now, but I'm sort of enduring it (see what I did there?).

Workout three was hitting the quads at Plate City (see what I did there?). I performed six sets of squats, three sets of reverse hypers, three sets of leg curls, and one set of leg extensions. Not only that, but my 100 pound slam ball came in. I purchased this with the idea of using it like an atlas stone. Dude, that thing is not much fun to play with. To pick it up, your hands have to go all the way to the ground. And the grip is problematic. Maybe I should have gotten a lighter ball. I picked it up three times. That was all I wanted.

My fourth workout was another swim, this one at the little pool. I didn't push or do sets. I swam while coaching Brad and got in 1,600 yards which equals 1,462 meters. With this morning's swim, that makes 4,562 meters for the day. I am having a bang up week. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment