Saturday, September 14, 2019

Real Friday

I was in the pool by 6:00 a.m. That means I slept in. Thirty minutes. That also means I could see a little bit when I started swimming.  That was nice. John was late. That was not nice. He had lobbied me for 5:00 a.m. And then he was late. I swam

2,000 46:09 (2:10)
200 for time 3:44.33
200 small paddles
200 for time 3:42.76
200 medium paddles
8 X 50 medium paddles
total: 3,400 long course meters

I took River, our new rescue cat, to the vet. Andy said he is about 14 weeks old and he hopes his foot will heal. He walks on his left ankle. We don't know what happened to it, but I believe somebody threw him off the bridge. There is no way he got to where he was on the river bank except someone put him there. Evil anyway they did it.

After that, I packed up and drove to Hill View Baptist Church. I parked there and ran up the big hill. It was hot. We set a new record high in Greenwood for September 13th at 100 degrees. I was running in that, up the big hill, on the Carroll County Road 231, and then down the hill by the old Browning place and back to the truck. I had ten miles in my brain, but not in my legs. Not in that heat, anyway. The loop was 7.16, and I was done when it was over with. If I could, I would have run more on the highway, but I was getting close, redlining, pushing the limits of life. Really, that kind of heat can kill you.

I went home, took some nutrition, a bath, and a nap. River napped with me. He loves to cuddle. My kind of cat. I am still disappointed that CC is giving me and River the cold shoulder. I needed to lift weights, but sometimes, like the old Kenny Rogers song says, you "have to know when to fold them." I folded them.

Penny and I went out to Hill Top Restaurant when she got off work. I ordered the frog legs for the second time and believe you me, they are good. Really good. 

It was a nice, full, productive day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment