Sunday, September 12, 2021

A Different Three

I try to get in three workouts per day: a swim, a run, and a session of weight training. That, however, doesn't always workout for me. Sometimes I only get in two. Heck, sometimes I only get in one. OK, sometimes I only get none. But Saturday I did three, only with a twist.

I went to the pool in the morning, and since the sky was hazy, I swam outdoors in the big pool. Why? Because I do try to limit my sun exposure. I have been swimming short on Saturday so the outdoor pool made sense. Because the sky was cloudy and I was swimming short, I could get some vitamin D without cooking. I swam

1,100 23:05
4 X 100 @ 2:23
  1 - 1:42
  2 - 1:44
  3 - 1:42
  4 - 1:43
200 medium paddles 3:49
total: 1,800 long course meters.

That was all I wanted. It gave me over 20,000 meters for the week.

I went to the gym about noon. I needed to work push, pull, and legs. Yeah, I messed the week up like that. My first workout on the bench press was

  13 X 45
  7 X 67
  3 X 100
  5 X 115
  10 X 115
  10 X 115
  19 X 115

The pin-press set up

Then I did pin presses with the Swiss bar at 88, 98, 102, and 107 pounds. I felt it in the triceps which is the purpose of pin pressing, i.e. pressing off pins which shortens the range of motion. The next time I do this, I will up the weight a bit. Or a lot. I also did seated dips and lateral raises. That was pretty much workout number two.

I tried to rest some after that. One of the simple pleasures of this time of the year is watching college football. I was distracted, however, by an unexpected errand I had to complete for a friend. When I got home from that, it was time for another session at the gym. I felt too tired to run, but I went to Plate City and did pull and some legs. I took my yoke squat to 270 pounds and my deadlift/shrug to 225. For me, that is real weight.

After all of that, I went inside for the night. I took nutrition, watched some of the Mississippi State game, and took a shower at half time. 

So I got three workouts, but there was no run but two weight sessions instead. It was a good day. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment