Monday, September 20, 2021

HOD 8

You may be wondering where I have been. I have been dry, and when I go dry everything changes. Dry you say? Yeah, let me tell you about it. Or rather, let me whine to you about it.

Monday I was not dry. I started my training week with a 4,000 yard swim in the little pool. Then I moved outdoors and ran 5.71 miles. As if that was not enough, I lifted weights at Plate City. Everything was good. Almost.

Tuesday I still was not dry but I was not wet long. I swam only 1,400 in the big pool. My shoulder has been flaring up again. The right one. The one that fell off a couple of years ago. What is it? It is either the biceps tendon or impingement. Or both. I have had some discomfort when in the overhead position, and after several swims of late it has been stiff. Doo Doo. And I just officially registered for the National Senior Olympics. Unlike the state version, this one cost some money, and I have paid. Yes, I lifted some weights in spite of the shoulder.

Wednesday I did not swim. I ran 7.28 miles and did some light leg work. Thursday I did not swim. Thursday I did not run. Thursday I did not lift. Thursday I did eat candy. Just in time. Arm fall off. Mind get lazy. Mouth eat candy. Yee Hah. That's how I roll.

Friday I shuffled 2.06 miles and lifted front and back. Huh? Yeah, that is push and pull. Saturday I spent with the family in Jackson having fun and eating too much food. 

So for the week? I

ran - 15.05 miles,
swam - 5,056 meters, and 
lifted weights - four times.

The SkiErg? I'm letting the shoulder rest.

What is next? I am going to try to swim a few times this week, slow and low yardage. I will lift, but I am cutting the weight especially on the bench press. Also I have reintroduced the external rotations into my program. I had stopped not out of design but out of carelessness. I forgot until I did not remember anymore. Yeah, I'm smart like that. Pray for me. I need it. Thank you, Jesus, for an arm to fall off not for an arm that did fall off. That is what the Bible says, "In everything give thanks." I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment